Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy,, joy

So Friday i had my doctors appointment. I had my alarm set early enough to get up, get myself ready, feed mother and tidy up a bit before leaving. Unfortunately, none of that happened.

My appointment was for 10.30am...i woke up at 10.10am. Ahhhh. That meant a quick brush of my teeth, a brush across my head(with a bit of water to try to fix my bedhead) and a quick 'i'm sorry' to mother for not having time to make her breakfast (she did not want just cereal)...thankfully she didn't give me a hard time about it...said she wasn't very hungry anyway and would wait until i got home. Whew! I called a taxi and flew out the door.

I slept in mainly because i'd been up most of the night with anxiety. I thought i was okay but i usually stress out with these appointments...i was worried. Turned out i needn't have been. Everything was good news. My labs were good...quite good, my oncologist was pleased...and when we went over the scans, he said there was a 'signifigant reduction in my tumor'...i was so happy and relieved that i sobbed...uncontrollably. The news just allowed me to release all the pent up anxiety. It took me some time to get myself together again but i did and i was so happy...i could hardly wait to get home to share the news with Tim and my mother.

Tim was very happy when we spoke. I think he was relieved too. It was nice to have some good news between us.

The only thing that caused me to be down was a painful headache. While at the doctors, he gave me a shot of morphine. It helped take the edge off definitely but by the time i got home, i was ready for bed. Tim hasn't been feeling well so after we spoke for a while, each of us decided to nap. My nap lasted until 3.30pm. I really needed it and felt better for it but my headache persisted.

I had a bit of laundry to do so got dressed (i undressed and got into my jammies upon returning from my appointment, i like to be comfortable for my naps...usually) and threw in two loads. I'd promised my sister i'd do the loads which had the shower curtains in...she wanted them washed so she could iron and then re-hang them after she cleaned the bathroom. While all of that was washing and drying, Tim and i played some chess. He beat me, as usual.

After the laundry was done, Tim went back to lay down...i folded and put away the laundry and got changed lay down. My mother massaged my head for me for a few minutes but my head has been super sensitive lately and so i didn't want it done for long.

For the past few days we'd been talking about me going to get some more groceries. I was willing to go but really wasn't feeling up to it. I still wasn't but got a bee in my bonnet and decided to go. So up i got, back into some clothes and off i went.

It is a long weekend here...the last weekend of the i thought the grocery store would be packed. It wasn't so bad. I didn't go until 7.30pm ...we were to have a late dinner when i got back. I shopped and got some meat and veggies for the coming days...and picked up the ingredients to make some spaghetti sauce for Saturdays dinner. I picked up some chickent cutlets make a sort of chicken parmigiana...and also picked up two loaves of garlic bread. I thought about picking up a salad but in the end i forgot. Oh well..we've got plenty. I am sure it will be yummy.

When i got back i got everything put away...i was pooped and it was so hot and sticky outside, which only made me feel sort of cranky. I was fine once i got into the air conditioned apartment didn't take me long to cool off.

As i put stuff away i boiled some eggs for egg salad and put some soup on for mom. It was just a simple dinner tonight...those are nice to have from time to time. Later we thought of ordering out for pizza but decided to wait until Sunday night...when we'll order in some Chinese food. I can hardly wait.

So i've just spent a couple of hours playing some canasta with Tim. He has gone to bed and here i sit blogging. I am off to bed as soon as i finish typing this....which is now.

Goodnight...or good morning...or afternoon...or whatever (by the time you read this)...enjoy your weekend!

No comments: