Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow, i can't believe it is 2009...Happy New Year to each and every one of you that stops by my humble little blog to read about my life...i appreciate all of you! I hope you all have a great year filled with peace and joy, love and prosperity...and most of all, good health.

Had a bit of a busy day. Had my dental appointment at 8.30 this morning. That went well, my teeth are nice and clean now. I have two follow up appointments next week and the week after. I'll be a busy bee as i have two other medical appointments those weeks too.

After my teeth were nice and clean, my sister met me at the office and we went and got manicures and pedicures. It's a little treat i gave myself and i hope to pamper myself a bit more this coming year.. but we shall see. Anyway the pedicure was amazing...those of you who go know what it's like..so i won't go on and on but i could have fallen asleep between the massaging chair and the pedicure itself. I used to go every month...i dont know if i'll go that often again but i intend on going more.

So after that i got a manicure and gel nails put on. I've been growing my own nails but recently i'd broken one and when i break one i trim them all back, so i was at a short stage and i just fancied some nice, longer nails. I went with a French colour on both hands and feet and it looks nice, especially on my cute little feet....although my sister was making fun of me because i am one of those 'freaks' that has a long second toe. Oh well, i like them. The lady doing my feet was admiring the tatoos that i have on my big toes (i think i've mentioned them here before, they are pink long stemmed roses)...i've always loved them and do get comments and compliments on them. I remember once i was in hospital ...i was very sick from chemo and a nurse came in to do my blood pressure, etc and she was covering me up and my feet happened to be sticking out of the blankets and she just fell in love with my tatoos...so much so that she decided she wanted to get some on her toes and asked if she could bring her husband in with her the next day to show him my tatoos, as a way to convince him that is was the right place or something (i dont remember exactly now)...it was cute.

It had snowed during the night and since i didn't want to smoosh my toes i took a pair of flip-flops to wear home. So did my sister. We must have looked crazy walking out in the snow to get into our respective taxis...it was funny but hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

When i got home i settled in, got changed out of my 'going out' clothes and into my 'hanging around the house shorts and tshirt' and sat and chatted with my mom and sister. Mom decided on what she wanted for lunch and i promptly made it and sister went out on an errand, promising to be back shortly. When she left mother asked if i'd consider going to the grocery store...there were a few things she wanted, a few things we needed and so i decided to go.

Wow...when i got to the store it was packed...and i do mean packed. There was even a line-up for the atm...which isn't usually the case. After i visited that, i got my shopping done. It was brilliantly sunny out but bitterly cold and after i'd checked out i waited outside for the taxi...which when you are waiting in the cold like that, seemed to take forever...but it wasn't long. It took us forever to get out of the parking lot but i was finally on my way home. Got there and put stuff away then met Tim online to play for a while.

After we played i took a nap. Everyone here was napping and i was tired. When i got up i breaded the pork chops for dinner. We didn't eat until late, as i mentioned...but when we did it was yummy.

S did dishes and i laid down. My sciatica was bothering me and so i heated up my 'magic bag' and put it on my leg and that is the last thing i remember until i woke up just before midnight. I called Tim and tried to hurry to meet him online so we could ring in the new year together. I barely made it...but we spent a few fun hours talking and playing.

We hope this will be our year.

Did i make any New Years resolutions....not really...just to beat this disease, get healthy and be with Tim...i guess they could count as resolutions. I have to make them happen. I have to.

I feel like this is my year....(throwing my hat up in the air)... i'm gonna make it after all. From my finger tips to God's ears!

No comments: